Explore interesting sights in Plzeň, Czechia. Click on a marker on the map to view details about it. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 21 sights are available in Plzeň, Czechia.Sightseeing Tours in Plzeň
1. Pomník generála Pattona
The monument to General Patton is a sculpture erected in the orchards of the Thirty-Five in Pilsen. It commemorates General George S. Patton, who commanded the U. S. Army that liberated the city from Nazi occupation in May 1945. The authors of the statue are Václav Zůna, Lubomír Čermák and Tomáš Beneš. Their creation has a height of ten meters and a weight reaching ten tons. It is made of corten, a group of steel alloys from which tank armor was produced. The realization of the monument took approximately one year. The production of the monument itself was ensured in the form of a sponsorship gift by Vítkovice Ironworks.
Chlum (416 m) is a mountain located on the northeastern edge of the regional city of Pilsen. The peak lies in the cadastral area of Doubravka, part of the northern slope in the cadastral area of Bukovec. The Prague-Plzeň railway line passes under the hill in the Ejpovice tunnel. The slope in the west and northeast descends smoothly to the Berounka river, about 800 meters away, while in the northwest the Berounka River moves away to more than 2 km from the summit. Together with Krkavec and Radyní it borders the Pilsen basin, it is the highest point of the city of Pilsen. The name Chlum was given to hills with a forested top.
3. Arboretum Sofronka
The Sofronka Arboretum on the northern outskirts of Bolevec in Pilsen was established in 1956 as a detached workplace of the Forestry and Game Management Research Institute, which is a state-funded organization based in Prague-Zbraslav (Strnady) and founded by the Ministry of Agriculture of the Czech Republic. In the autumn of 2009, the Research Institute abolished this workplace and handed it over to the Public Goods Administration of the City of Pilsen as a department for education, public, science and research. The current head of the arboretum is Jan Kaňák, Ph. D.
4. Památník obětem zla
Meditation Garden in Pilsen - The Memorial to the Victims of Evil was established in Pilsen-Doudlevce thanks to the political prisoner Mr. Luboš Hruška, who transformed his originally fruit garden into an ornamental park and later into a Memorial to the Victims of Evil. In the natural area with a lot of garden trees there is a sandstone Stations of the Cross by academic sculptor Roman Podrázský and the chapel of Maxmilián Kolbe. The current owner of the memorial is the bishopric of Pilsen, to which Mr. Hruška donated it in 1995.
5. svatý Mikuláš
The Church of St. Nicholas is a church in Pilsen, Czech Republic. It was founded in 1406 on the historical fortress of Mitrvald of the Lords of Litice. A significant change occurred in 1599, when the presbytery and the chapel of St. Anne were vaulted. Further modifications of the church were carried out in the Baroque period in 1739–1744, when a new portal and side nave were built. Even in the 19th century, the church did not remain unchanged. The last modification included the completion of the sacristy.
6. Patton Memorial Pilsen Museum
Patton Memorial Pilsen – U. S. Army Memorial 1945 is a museum in Pilsen ceremonially opened on May 5, 2005 on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the liberation of Pilsen and southwest Bohemia in 1945 and the end of World War II in Europe. The memorial is located in the building of the Peklo House of Culture, Pobřežní Street 10. , where the editorial office of Masaryk's magazine Nová doba used to be before the First World War and where Tomáš Garrigue Masaryk lectured several times.
7. svatý Jiří
The Church of St. George in Pilsen-Doubravka is probably the oldest preserved church in the territory of today's Pilsen. It lies in the Doubravka district on the bank at the confluence of the rivers Berounka and Úslava near the extinct medieval village of Týnec. It is protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic. The church is surrounded by a cemetery with several valuable tombstones and a Baroque ossuary.
8. Nejsvětějšího Jména Ježíš
The Church of the Most Holy Name of Jesus is a Baroque church in Pilsen, Czech Republic. It has several peculiarities. Firstly, it is one of the four churches in the Czech Republic with this patrocinium, but the only one with the established name At the Baby Jesus, and then the owner of this church was never a church, but always belonged to private hands. This building is a protected immovable cultural monument.
9. St. Mary's plague column
The Mari á nsk á (plague) column, located in Dotson Square in the center of the Republic, is built in front of a baroque house. The column allowed the city council to be built in 1681 to thank the plague epidemic for its end. Statue is finally a replica of Pilsen Madon's Gothic sculpture. The last major reconstruction took place in 2020-2021. It is protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic.
10. Divadlo Josefa Kajetána Tyla - Velké divadlo
The Grand Theatre is the main stage of the Josef Kajetán Tyl Theatre in Pilsen and an important cultural monument. The building was built in the Neo-Renaissance style in 1897–1902 according to a design by architect Antonín Balšánek. Between 1981 and 1985, an extensive reconstruction was carried out under the leadership of architect Pavel Němeček. The building was declared a cultural monument.
11. Kolomazná pec
Kolomazná pec is a unique technical monument, which is located in the forest Branta in Pilsen-Bolevec on the northern edge of the nature reserve Kamenný rybník. It is one of the best preserved furnaces of its kind in Central Europe and probably the only one still standing in the Czech Republic, although it was a relatively frequent device in the late Middle Ages and modern times.
12. Techmania Science Center
Techmania Science Center is one of the first science centers in the Czech Republic and an important institution of informal education. The project was established in 2005 by the Škoda Transportation joint-stock company and the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen. The intention has been to build up a modern, interactive center in the industrial estate of the Škoda company.
13. Cathedral of St. Bartholomew
The Cathedral of St. Bartholomew is a Gothic church located on the Main Square in Plzeň, Czech Republic. It was probably established together with the city around the year 1295. The church became a cathedral in 1993, when the Plzeň diocese was created. It was designated a national cultural monument of the Czech Republic in 1995.
14. Muzeum církevního umění plzeňské diecéze
The Museum of West Bohemia in Pilsen is one of the largest museum institutes in the Czech Republic with its historical, decorative arts and natural science collections. At the same time, it is a center of scientific work in a number of scientific fields. The main building of the museum is located in Kopeckého sady 2 in Pilsen.
15. Franciscan Monastery, Plzeň
The Franciscan Monastery is located near the Main Square in Plzeň, Czech Republic. Originally belonging to the Minorites, the later Franciscan monastery was founded at the end of the 13th century. The Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, Chapterhouse and Chapel of St. Barbara also belong to the monastery complex.
16. Church of St Anne
The Orthodox Church of St. Anne and St. Rose of Lima is a newly consecrated church in Pilsen. It is located in Bezručova Street No. 463. The church is registered on the list of immovable monuments as part of the area of the former Dominican convent. At present, the church is used by the Czech Orthodox Church.
17. Old Synagogue
Pearson's old synagogue, located in the orchard of Sm é an, sits in the courtyard of the house. 80/5 since 1859. It is protected as a cultural monument of the Czech Republic. Next to the old synagogue, there is an auxiliary synagogue with a memorial to the victims of Shoa Zahrada.
18. kostel svatého Martina
The Church of Saints Martin and Procopius in the Pilsen district of Lobzy is the parish church of the Roman Catholic parish of Pilsen-Lobza administered by the Salesians of Don Bosco in Pilsen. In its immediate vicinity is the Salesian Youth Centre.
19. Nanebevzetí Panny Marie
The Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary is part of the former Franciscan monastery and is one of the oldest in Pilsen. Today, together with the former Franciscan monastery, it is protected as an immovable cultural monument.
20. Korandův sbor
The parish congregation of the Evangelical Church of Czech Brethren in Pilsen – Koranda Congregation is a congregation of the Evangelical Church of Czech Brethren in Pilsen. The choir falls under the West Bohemian Seniorate.
21. Kostel sv. Jiří
The Church of St. George in Malesice, together with the local chateau, forms the dominant feature of the village, today the city district of Pilsen 9-Malesice. The church is an immovable cultural monument.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.