Looking for premium sights?
Here you can book tickets, guided tours and other activities in Guangzhou City:Tickets and guided tours on GetYourGuide*
Want a guided Free Walking Tour?
Here you can book guided Free Walking Tours in Guangzhou City:Guided Free Walking Tours on Freetour*
Here you can find interesting sights in Guangzhou City, China. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 21 sights are available in Guangzhou City, China.List of cities in China Sightseeing Tours in Guangzhou City
Located at No. 316, Zhongshan 4th Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China, the Nanyue Wang Palace Exhibition Area (formerly known as the Nanyue Wang Palace Museum) is a the theme museum of the ruins of the State Palace of the South Vietnamese State in Xihan, with a total area of 150,000 square meters, including the ruins of the Royal Garden, the ruins of the Palace of the South Yue Kingdom, the ruins of the Palace of the Southern Han Dynasty, and the ruins of the official offices of various dynasties. The ruins of the Royal Garden were discovered in 1995 , and the remains of the palace gardens such as Fangchi, Crescent Moon Pond, Ququ, Pingqiao and Bushi were excavated in the ruins; The ruins of the palace were discovered in 2000 in the Guangzhou Children's Park , and only the " scattered water " part of one of the larger palaces has been cleared. The site includes three major points: the ruins of the Nanyue Royal Palace, the ruins of the Palace of the Southern Han Dynasty, and the relics unearthed in the city center since 2000. On November 20, 1996, the site was listed as a national key cultural relics protection unit. On 11 June 2006, some of the restored remains of about 3,000 square metres were opened to the public, and selected some of the cultural relics from more than 10,000 excavations were exhibited to the public.
The Dafo Temple is a Buddhist temple in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China. Located in Yuexiu District, Dafo Temple is a grand temple with a history of more than one thousand years and was built by Emperor Liu Yan in the Southern Han dynasty (917–971). It has been praised as one of the "Five Largest Temples of Guangzhou" in history. Later it was destroyed and rebuilt many times. In the late Ming dynasty, the temple was declining day by day and was devastated by the war while Shang Kexi and Geng Jimao conquered Guangdong in 1649. During the reign of the Kangxi Emperor in 1663, the temple was rebuilt and expanded by Shang Kexi continuously. According to the national policy of free religious belief, the temple was approved by the Guangzhou Municipal People's Government to be restored as a Buddhist temple in 1981. Then Master Guangming, vice-president of the Guangzhou Buddhist Association, served as abbot; he tried to revitalize Dafo Temple and restore the style of the large temple. On August 9, 1993, Dafo Temple was put on the list as a Municipality Protected Historic Site by the Guangzhou Municipal People's Government.
The Guangdong Provincial Finance Department Building, a famous government department building in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, is located at the northern end of Beijing Road, and the building is imitating the Western classical eclectic style. The first phase of the project was completed in 1919. The Department of Finance of the People's Government of Guangdong Province, established after 1949, continues to use this building. In 1978, a complete repair was carried out. In 1993, the Guangzhou Municipal People's Government announced it as a cultural relics protection unit in Guangzhou under the name of "Guangdong Provincial Department of Finance Building". In 2002, the People's Government of Guangdong Province included it in the fourth batch of cultural relics protection units in Guangdong Province under the name of "former site of Guangdong Department of Finance".
Guangxiao Temple is one of the oldest Buddhist temples in Guangzhou, the capital of China's Guangdong Province. As the special geographical position, Guangxiao Temple often acted as a stopover point for Asian missionary monks in the past. It also played a central role in propagating various elements of Buddhism, including precepts school, Chan (Zen), Shingon Buddhism, and Pure Land. In this temple, Huineng, the sixth Chinese patriarch of Chan Buddhism, made his first public Chan lecture and was tonsured, and Amoghavajra, a Shingon Buddhist master, gave his first teaching of esoteric Buddhism. Many Buddhist scriptures were also translated here, including those translated by Yijing and the Shurangama-sūtra translated by Paramitiin (般剌密諦).
The former site of the first National Congress of the Kuomintang is located in the auditorium of the bell tower on the east side of the Guangdong Provincial Zhongshan Library, Wenming Road, Guangzhou city. It is a national key cultural relic protection unit. The first National Congress of the Chinese Kuomintang was held in the auditorium of the bell tower from January 20 to January 30,1924. The auditorium has been restored to the original state of the congress, the front of the podium portrait of Sun Yat-sen, the left of the portrait of the flag of the Kuomintang, the right of the flag of the Republic of China, all the seats affixed with the number and names of the people attending the meeting.
Guangxiao Hall is an important Christian church in Guangzhou, China, located at No. 29 Guangxiao Road, Yuexiu District, built from 1921 to 1924, by the Chinese Gang Ji Shen Self-Care Missionary Association (Congregational Association) organized by overseas Chinese Christians in the United States themselves to invest in the construction of the church, the director general of the association, Pastor Tan Woxin, planned the construction of the church. The church sits on the west and east, four floors, 26.7 meters high, 35 meters long, 23 meters wide, can accommodate more than 1200 people to worship, is one of the largest churches in Guangzhou.
Shangshangjiu Pedestrian Street is a famous business travel area in Guangzhou city, Guangdong Province, located in Xiguan, Liwan District. It is the common name of Shangjiu Road, Xiajiu Road and Tenth Road pedestrian street. It was officially established as a commercial pedestrian street on September 30,1995. Its actual coverage includes Shangjiu Road, Xiajiu Road, Shifu Road, Baohua Road, Kangwang Road and other sections. Nine pedestrian street for the famous "Xiguan business corridor", is also one of the most prosperous areas in the old city.
The ruins of the thousand-year-old building are a site in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China, entering the pedestrian street of Beijing Road in Yuexiu District, starting from the intersection of Huifu East Road in the south and going north to the junction of Zhongshan 5th Road and Zhongshan 4th Road. In 2002, the archaeological team of Bazhou Jiao first discovered it, and in December 2008, it was re-established as a municipal cultural relics protection unit by the Guangzhou Municipal People's Government.
The Sun Yat-sen or Zhongshan Memorial Hall is an octagon-shaped building in Guangzhou, capital of China's Guangdong Province. The hall was designed by Lu Yanzhi and was built with funds raised by local and overseas Chinese people in memory of Sun Yat-sen. Construction work commenced in 1929 and completed in 1931. The hall is a large octagonal structure with a span of 71 metres (233 ft) without pillars, housing a large stage and seats 3,240 people.
Huanghuagang Park (Tomb of 72 Martyrs of Huanghuagang) is located in Martyrs Middle Road, Guangzhou city, Guangdong Province. It was built to commemorate the 72 martyrs who died bravely in the Huanghuagang Uprising led by Sun Yat-sen in April 1911. In addition to the tomb of 72 martyrs, the cemetery has also been built wang Chang tomb, Deng Zhongyuan tomb, Feng Ru tomb, Pan Da Wei tomb, Shi Jianru tomb and Yang Xianyi tomb.
Wong Tai Sin Temple is a major tourist attraction dedicated to Chinese deity Wong Tai Sin. Situated in the Huadi Subdistrict, Liwan District of Guangzhou, it is a Taoist temple. It is just one of many temples dedicated to Wong Tai Sin. Besides, it can be found in different parts of the world, including China, Southeast Asia, and the United States, etc. Among them, the oldest one is in Jinhua City, Zhejiang Province, China.
Beijing Road is a street integrating culture, entertainment and commerce in Yuexiu District, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, China. It is the most prosperous commercial center in the history of Guangzhou City, with an average daily flow of about 350,000 people. Beijing Road starts from Guangwei Road in the north and reaches Yanjiang Middle Road in the south, with a total length of more than 1,500 meters.
Nylon Hall, also known as Nylon Hall, is now located on the west side of the north exit of the Kangwang Road Tunnel on Kangwang South Road in Liwan District, Guangzhou, China, originally in Xiajiu Road Xilaixin Street, which is a Qing Dynasty ancestral hall-style building. In 1997, it was listed as the fifth batch of municipal cultural relics protection units by Guangzhou.
People's Park is an urban public park in Yuexiu District in central Guangzhou, capital of Guangdong province in south China. Established in 1921, it is the first public park in the city, built on the site that had been the location of successive regional governments since the Sui dynasty. Due to its central location, it is colloquially called Central Park (中央公园).
Guangzhou City God Temple is a temple to worship the city God in Guangzhou, Guangdong Province. The current door sign is No.48 Zhongyou Street, Zhongshan Fourth Road, Yuexiu District. It was built in the third year of Hongwu of the Ming Dynasty (1370). It is the largest city God temple in Lingnan during the Ming Dynasty.
The Peasant Movement Training Institute or Peasant Training School was a school in Guangzhou, China, operated from 1923 to 1926 during the First United Front between the Nationalists and Communists. It was based in a 14th-century Confucian temple. The site now houses a museum to Guangzhou's revolutionary past.
Guangzhou 19th Route Army Songhu Anti-Japanese Memorial Cemetery is located at No. 113 Shuiyin Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China, donated by overseas Chinese to commemorate the 19th Route Army of the Republic of China National Revolutionary Army in the 1932 Songhu War of Resistance.
Ye Ting, born in Huiyang, Guangdong, was a Chinese military leader who played a key role in the Northern Expedition to reunify China after the 1911 Revolution. After serving with the Kuomintang, Ye later joined the Communist Party of China (CPC).
Guangzhou Zoo is an animal park in Guangzhou, located on Xianlie Middle Road in Yuexiu District, Guangzhou. It was completed and opened in 1958. Together with the zoos in Beijing and Shanghai, they are called the three major zoos in China.
The Guangdong Museum of Revolutionary History is a museum established in 1959 in Guangzhou, capital of China's Guangdong Province, located on the site of former Guangdong Advisory Bureau in the Second Guangzhou Uprising Martyrs Cemetery.
Guangzhou Martyrs' Memorial Garden is a park located in Zhongshan 3rd Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China that commemorates the death of the Chinese Communist party in the Guangzhou Uprising against the Kuomintang on December 11, 1927.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.