Here you can find interesting sights in Strijpen, Belgium. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 5 sights are available in Strijpen, Belgium.Back to the list of cities in Belgium
1. Onze-Lieve-Vrouw van Deinsbekekapel
Our chapel wife or our chapel wife is a chapel in a Belgian city. Today's church was built around 1930 and is close to the Doctor Goffaffarts Clinic. There has been a chapel since 1717, when a chapel let nayer (e) build a covering on the land donated by Jacobs of Waffles. The church was built on a formidable law against veal and, in legend, a statue of Mary was mysteriously rushed into the vicinity of the place of Deinsbein (Bettelhovebeek). Therefore, this place became a pilgrimage site. In fact, our wives came from the statue of Great Mary during the religious chaos in 1480. After 1603, two large statues and several small statues were broken into pieces, including the statue of our dear Dinsbeke's wife, who were brought to the same place by the monk adrianus stevens from the monks. In 1742, during the plague epidemic, marched with the statue; The parade became an annual tradition. The first violence against Jan took place here in 1743, when he shot at pilgrims with a gun. A new church was built in 1749; The statue of our dear wife was placed in the new chapel on September 5, 1751. In 1798, prayer places in France were demolished; The image of our beloved wife was safely placed at the Baron of the Lake Cup and brought to the church of our wife's ascension in 1802. The 1929 church, with three bistros, is a chapel built in a neo-baroque style with a new chorus. Inside there is a plastered barrel vault and a new pagoda. In 1937, a garden was built around the prayer place. The church has been protected since 1976.
2. Kasteel van Egmont
Egmontcast or Egmont Castle is the castle of Egmontpark in the Belgian city of Zottegem. The castle of successive lords has a turbulent history dating back to the 11th century. In the 16th century, the castle was owned by the egmont, which was decapitated in 1568 by the Earl of Alva, commanded by Philip Yi, in the Great Market in Brussels. At the end of the 18th century, the building was destroyed and rebuilt on a large scale in the 19th century. It has been used as a public city library since 1982. After the restoration of the castle at the end of the 20th century, civil weddings, municipal meetings, concerts and lectures were held in Knight Hall. The egmontcast is a protected monument.
The Church of the Holy Land, or Zottegem, is a neo-Gothic church built in 1897-1898 according to the plan of jules goethals. Since the 12th century, the parish laws of the diocese have been in the hands of Monsainmatine Monastery. In the 12th century, the Episcopal Church was the main church of the parish, and it was a very important church. Of the previous church, only the 15th-century Gothic northern transepartarm is preserved. Interior designs include 17th-century marble baptisms, 18th-century Rococo pulpit and monument paintings, and Christian circumcision. The church has been used as a monument since 1979.
4. Kasteel van Roborst
The castle of Roborst or Ridder d'Iweins d'Eeckhoutte is a castle in Roborst (Zwalm). The castle was built in 1799 according to the well -known Château de Bagatelle near Paris in the Bois de Boulogne, which was founded in 1775. It is therefore the precursor of classic architecture in Belgium. The castle is located along the tourist Zwalm route.
The Sint-Margarethakapel is a chapel in the Flemish Ardennes in the hamlet of Wijlegem that is part of Sint-Denijs-Boekel, part of the Belgian municipality of Zwalm). The chapel was, until the avoidance in 2018, dedicated to Margaret of Antioch. In ecclesiastical point of view, the chapel belonged to the parish of the nearby Sint-Blasius-Boekel.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.