Here you can find interesting sights in Baelen, Belgium. Click on a marker on the map to view details about the sight. Underneath is an overview of the sights with images. A total of 12 sights are available in Baelen, Belgium.List of cities in Belgium Sightseeing Tours in Baelen
1. Kirche zur Unbefleckten Empfängnis (Klosterkirche)
Immaculate Conception Church is a Roman Catholic church located in Uben, Liege Province, Belgium. Therefore, in some sources and population and travel guides, it is simply called Eupen Abbey Church or Capuchinerkirche Eupen. Its French name is "St. Mary's" and it is the religious center of the French-speaking residents of the city. The present church building was built between 1773 and 1776 according to the plan of Milan architect Joseph Moretti who lived in Aachen. After secularization and the departure of capuchin monkeys in 1797, the former monastery building was handed over to the city and used as Uben's town hall in 1863. The church has been part of the Eupen-Kettenis Diocese Association of Parish 05 in the Diocese of Liege since the 1990s and has been listed as a historic monument along with the former monastery building since 1983.
2. Werthkapelle - Kapelle St. Lambertus
Lambertus Chapel, also known as Werthkapelle, in Uben, Liege, Belgium, is one of the oldest church buildings in the city. It was built in 1690 in Waite Square, Uben, and was taken over by St Nicholas Parish in Liege Parish in 1730. The chapel has been dedicated to the ascension of the Virgin since 1729 and was restored under the protection of saints around 1750. Lamberts. As early as 1949, the chapel, which has been modified and restored many times, gained the status of an object worthy of protection, and has been a simultaneous church of the Roman Catholic and Greek Orthodox communities of Eupens since 2014. It has been part of the Diocese of Eupen-Kettenis in the Diocese of Liege since the 1990s.
3. Sankt Nikolaus Pfarrkirche
St. Nicholas Parish Church is a Roman Catholic church dedicated to St. Nicholas of Myra. Today's church is close to Market Square, and its unique twin towers are considered one of the city's landmarks. Built between 1720 and 1726, it was designed in Renaissance style by Aachen city architect Laurenz Mefferdatis. The interior is decorated in the Baroque style of Liege and Aachen, and the most precious artwork is a huge high altar designed by John Joseph Coven between 1740 and 1744. It has been part of the Parish Association of Eupen-Kettenis in the Parish of Liege 05 since the 1990s and has been listed as a historic monument since 1939.
4. Haus Mennicken
Mennicken House, also known as Signon House and Grand Ry House, is a historic building in Werthplatz, the city of Eupen, Belgium. The former merchant's house was built in 1744, probably for the Grande Leigh family based on a design by John Joseph Coven, and its appearance has barely changed since then. In 1880, after countless owners, the house was finally passed from the Dali family to the Mennick family and named after them. Today, this building was built for this building. Signon House was declared a cultural monument on 15 March 1983, also known as Signon House. It can be traced back to the Signon family, its present owner.
5. Kloster Heidberg Bildungs- und Begegnungszentrum der Deutschsprachigen Gemeinschaft Belgiens
Heidberg Abbey is a Christian pedagogical educational institution in Eupen and the only testimony to monastic building culture of the 18th century in the German-speaking Community. The complex was built in several phases between 1700 and 1727 as a motherhouse by the Order of the Franciscan Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Recollektinnen, founded in 1623, and from 1854 instead of the originally existing small chapel with the Sacred Heart Church in neo-Gothic style. In 1966, the site was abandoned as the mother house of the Order and the administration was moved to Ramersdorf near Bonn.
Eupen-Neu-Moresnet Church of Peace is a church in Eupen-Neu-Moresnet in the province of Liege, Belgium. It was built in neo-Gothic style between 1851 and 1854 according to the plan of architect Theodore August Stein. It was completed on December 6th, 1855. Friedenskirche, pulpit, fence and 22 historic tombstones were listed as historic monuments in 1987. In addition, the pneumatic organ manufactured in the workshop of organ builder Eberhard Friedrich Volcker in 1907 was also the first protected organ of its kind in Belgium in 1996.
7. Sitz des Ministerpräsidenten der Deutschsprachigen Gemeinschaft Belgiens
Haus Gospertstraße 42 is a former civic residence in Eupen, a German-speaking community (DG) in eastern Belgium. It was built in the first half of the 18th century. Built in the 19th century and in Baroque style, it was listed as a historical site in 1983. The complex has been home to the offices of Euregio Maas-Rhein and the Prime Minister of the German-speaking Community since 2009. The impressive community garden, numbered 40, was separately listed as a "protected landscape" in 1984.
8. Haus Grand Ry
Grand Ry House, also known as Alte Post, is the house of a former fabric maker at 32 Klötzerbahn in the city of Eupen, Belgium. The building, built between 1761 and 1763 by Nicholas Joseph von Grande Ri under the plan of John Joseph Coven, was owned by his family until the Imperial Post moved in 1893. The house was used as a post office until 1978, and after several years of extensive restoration work, it became the seat of government for the German-speaking community in 1984.
9. Österreichisches Konsulat
Haus Kaperberg 8, also known as Haus Sternickel, is a former town house in Eupen in the German-speaking Community (DG) of East Belgium. It was built in 1812 in the style of the Empire and placed under monument protection in 1983. The building complex was the seat of the Parliament of the German-speaking Community from 1973 to 2013 and has since housed the State Archives in Eupen.
Haus Marktplatz 8 is a former civic residence in Eupen, a German-speaking community in eastern Belgium. It was built in 1750 in Baroque style and was listed as a historical site in 1984. The headquarters of the daily Grenz-Echo has been there since 1950.
11. Kapelle St. Michael
St. Michael's Chapel is a small chapel built in 1727, located in Auburn, eastern Belgium. It was donated by the then Lord of Stockham Castle, Count Eugen Horn von Cotiers, and has been listed as a historic monument since 1975.
Eupen's war memorial was designed by Munich sculptor Rudolf Henn to commemorate soldiers killed in the German War of 1866 and the Franco-German War of 1870/1871. It was completed on September 1, 1912.
Disclaimer Please be aware of your surroundings and do not enter private property. We are not liable for any damages that occur during the tours.